Planning is well underway for a wonderful 2022 VICSWIM program. We have over numerous venues ready to offer the program in open water, inland waterways and indoor and outdoor pools. With registrations opening on November the 16th 2021, we are all excited about providing a memorable program for all participants.
We are working hard to ensure the VICSWIM 2022 is a COVID Safe event for all. We will continue to provide updates to all participants on how we will operate in a COVID safe environment.
We will have:
- developed COVID safe plans for all locations,
- ensured electronic QR codes or manual attendance sheets are available at all locations to ensure effective contact tracing
- developed a procedure for all venues should they suspect or confirm a COVID–19 case in their venue
All COVID Safe documents are accessible below.
Principles for a COVIDSafe VICSWIM Program
Do not attend the VICSWIM program if you have any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19):
The symptoms to watch out for are:
- chills or sweats
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- runny nose
- loss or change in sense of smell or taste.
Some people may also experience headache, muscle soreness, stuffy nose, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
If you have any of these symptoms, however mild, you should seek advice and get tested. To get further advice, call the 24-hour coronavirus hotline 1800 675 398 or your doctor.
Ensure physical distancing
- Follow public health advice of the four square meter
rule or 1.5 meter distancing.
Wear a face mask
- Follow public health advice regarding the wearing of
Keep records and act quickly
- Stay at home if unwell, even with mild symptoms,
and we encourage you to get tested.
- Check-in all participants and parents/guardians attending the
VICSWIM program to enable contact tracing
Avoid interactions in enclosed spaces
- Do not congregate together in confined spaces, including pool areas, change rooms, lunchrooms where possible.